PY 2018 RFP WIOA YOUTH REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Guilford County Workforce Development Board (WDB), through the City of Greensboro as its administrative entity, is soliciting contractors to provide the following service to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) youth participants for the period from July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
- Provision of comprehensive employment and training based services to two sets of youth:
- High School Juniors and Seniors with a connection to the Career Technical Education (CTE) program, or without a career or post-secondary educational plan.
- Out-of-School Youth ages 18-24, including but not limited to former offenders; High School graduates who are disengaged from the workforce; college graduates; and youth with disabilities.
- Expected outcomes will include employability skills competency attainment, completion of secondary school requirements, occupational skill credential attainment, participation in both work-based and classroom learning activities, and placement in employment that offers career advancement.
- Bidders must have experience in providing WIA and WIOA type services to disadvantaged and hard to serve youth. That experience must include: case management and development of intensive service plans, partnership with community organizations to provide wraparound services for youth in need, partnerships with employers and employer organizations for job placement, operating a system for authorization, payment and tracking of costs associated with school/training sponsorship and provision of a subsidized work experience program for youth
- Proposals are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 2, 2018
- An online Bidder’s Conference will be held separately for each group; see RFP for details
- Bidders may bid on one or both RFPs; they will be evaluated independently. You must submit two responses if bidding on both, a combined response is not acceptable.
- The Request for Proposal document and accompanying forms can be downloaded from the WDB website at http://guilfordworks.org
- Questions regarding this solicitation should be referred to Matt Jeffreys at matt.jeffreys@Greensboro-nc.gov
YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE FOUR DOCUMENTS IN THE RIGHT PANE.
The Q&A attachment in the right pane will be uploaded every few days as questions are received, so check back often.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program