The Guilford County Workforce Development Board in consortium with TriadWorks are proud to have four NCWorks Certified Career Pathways in our region:
Aviation- Guilford County Workforce Development Board Agency Lead
Advanced Manufacturing- Regional Partnership Workforce Development Board Agency Lead
Healthcare (Nursing)- Northwest Piedmont Workforce Development Board Agency Lead
Transportation and Logistics-Davidson County Workforce Development Board Agency Lead
Certified Career Pathways are integrated, seamless systems of education and workforce development programs, initiatives and resources that focus on matching worker preparation to employer need in high-demand occupations.
The collaboration of industry champions, workforce boards, and community and education partners who participated in the certification process yielded road maps to employment. These road maps –or pathways– are the foundation for building a pipeline of workers to fill employer demand.
Introduction to TriadWorks Certified Career Pathways (Video-14 Minutes; General Audience). Here is the PowerPoint PDF of this Webinar.
The pathway graphics (links below) let students, the unemployed, and those transitioning from other jobs to in demand occupations easily, identify the educational and soft skill requirement for those careers
For 2018, the implementation teams will be focusing on bringing career awareness to these industries, and expanding opportunities for work-based learning at employer sites.
- Employers – We need you! We’ll be reaching out to employers, small, medium and large in each of the four clusters. We hope you can share your expertise with us!
- Counselors – We support you! A collection of pathway tools to assist career coaches and school counselors, including print and video materials, is being researched and developed.To learn more about partnering with our local Certified Career Pathway Agency please contact: Melissa Smith, Business Services Representative 336 373-3005, Melissa.Smith@Greensboro-nc.gov
- About Certified Career Pathways The Healthcare – Nursing Career Pathway was the first in our region to be certified by the NCWorks Commission, in November of 2016. The Aviation and Advanced Manufacturing Pathways were certified on August 16, 2017, while the Transportation & Logistics pathway was certified on November 15, 2017.
- Certified Career Pathways have the endorsement of NC’s lead workforce agency, the NCWorks Commission. Certified Career Pathways are eligible for targeted grant funds. Certification indicates that career pathways meet eight best-practice criteria, ensuring sustainability of the pathway. Also, certification ensures enrollees of the best education, training and work-based learning opportunities as they pursue careers in high-demand occupations.
- Stakeholders may also wish to take the Online Interactive Training offered by the State.
- To join an implementation team, or for more information, please contact W.V. Yarbrough, Ph.D., Career Pathways Facilitator; 984-500-7953; firstname.lastname@example.org