REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
WORKFORCE INNOVATION AND OPPORTUNITY ACT (WIOA)
GUILFORD COUNTY WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD
The Guilford County Workforce Development Board (WDB), through the City of Greensboro as its administrative entity, is soliciting contractors to provide the following service to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) youth participants for the period from July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021.
- Provision of comprehensive employment and training based services to two sets of youth:
- High School Juniors and Seniors with a connection to the Career Technical Education (CTE) program, or without a career or post-secondary educational plan.
- Out-of-School Youth ages 18-24, including but not limited to former offenders; High School graduates who are disengaged from the workforce; college graduates; and youth with disabilities.
- Bidders must have experience in providing WIA and WIOA type services to youth facing difficult barriers to employment. That experience must include: individual assessment, career planning, referral to wrap-around community services, partnerships with employers and employer organizations for internship and career opportunities, operating a system for authorization, payment and tracking of costs associated with school/training sponsorship and provision of a subsidized work experience program for youth
- Proposals are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, February 28, 2020
- An online Bidder’s Conference will be held from 9:00 am to 11:00 am on February 14, 2020
- The Request for Proposal document and accompanying forms can be downloaded from the WDB website at http://guilfordworks.org
- Questions regarding this solicitation should be referred to Matt Jeffreys at email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program