Whether unemployed or underemployed, searching for a new job can sometimes be overwhelming. You need all the resources you can get – and you need them free, fast and easy.
The Guilford Workforce Development Board can help. We provide jobseekers with a variety of no-cost resources including workshops, networking opportunities, job fairs, coaching, and (depending on eligibility) training support to help you find your next career. Many of these services are available at the three NCWorks Career Centers located within our region. See below for these locations. They were formerly called JobLink Career Center, or Employment Security Commission, but the name has changed and they are now one-stop centers offering integrated services at no cost to job-seekers and businesses within our community.
Services at NCWorks Career Centers
- Job Listings: Employers list jobs directly through the NCWorks Career Centers and NCWorks Online.
- Job Search and Life Skills Classes: Classes to assist individuals on how to find and keep jobs, including learning how to manage any personal barriers to employment.
- Computer Lab with Staff Assistance: Complete academic skills upgrades, skills assessments, computer-based tutorials, and connect to NCWorks Online for your personalized job search.
- Resume Preparation: Staff are available to assist you with preparing a professional resume. Career Centers hold resume workshops, and maintain the needed software for resume preparation.
- Skills Assessments: Evaluate your employment abilities, interest and basic skills.
- GED and High School Completion: Complete classes needed to complete your High School Diploma or GED.
- Occupational Skills Training and Literacy Skills: Referrals to specific training opportunities leading to employment, as well as programs to improve your reading, writing and math skills.
Find out more at NCWorks.gov
The Guilford County Workforce Career Centers are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Programs.
NCWorks Online is a powerful new website created and maintained by the state of North Carolina to better connect job-seekers to employers and their thousands of job listings across the state. By registering on NCWorks Online you can search and apply for jobs from your home computer, or anywhere you have access to the internet.