Labor Market Information
As a part of our services to the business, economic development and educational communities, we provide labor market analysis, comprehensive economic forecasting, and economic impact data acquired through EMSI, a web-based subscription program. Data comes from 90 state and federal government sources and is updated regularly.
These services include:
- Economic Forecasting reports – provides current statistics and up to 10-year projections for the growth and decline of jobs by industry, jobs by occupation, and demographics for a selected county or region, in addition to current unemployment data.
- Economic Impact reports – input-output modeling, easy-to-use analysis of industries, industry clusters, and regional economic base. This is a critical tool used for understanding a region’s current economy and planning for future economic challenges and opportunities.
- Career Pathway reports – provides data and analysis related to occupational competency (knowledge, skills and ability) requirements, regional human capital, and ways of identifying employment and retraining opportunities for dislocated or unemployed workers.
- EMSI GIS reports – economic data can be mapped to show comparisons, density, and regional tendencies.
- If you are interested in a specific forecast report, contact Fred Henry at our office at Fred.Henry@greensboro-nc.gov.